This project will be assisting the Cornell University in collecting data on the influence of night light (i.e., estimates of skyglow according to the Globe at Night protocol) on Barn Swallow nest site selection and activity during the breeding season. Volunteers are being asked to collect data for this project as part of their nest monitoring activities.
Methods and field data sheets for completing surveys to measure skyglow at nest sites are included below.
- Barn Swallow Nest Site Skyglow Survey Methods
- Barn Swallow Nest Site Skyglow Constellation Sheet
- Barn Swallow Nest Site Skyglow Field Data Sheet
- Barn Swallow Nest Site Skyglow Code Sheet
Data entry can be completed online or through the Excel spreadsheet found below. Using the Excel spreadsheet permits the entry of data from multiple field surveys in one file on separate rows.
- Online Barn Swallow Nest Site Skyglow Data Entry Sheet
- Barn Swallow Nest Site Skyglow Data Entry Spreadsheet